Owamni restaurant, founded by James Beard Award winners The Sioux Chef, is a new multi purpose restaurant concept featuring regional Indigenous foods on sacred Dakota land space. Owamni is part of the MPRB WaterWorks project on the banks of the Mississippi River in downtown Minneapolis and will be the first year-round restaurant partner of the Minneapolis Park Systems.
We are seeking a General Manager to become a part of our leadership team to help us see our vision become a reality. The ideal candidate should be motivated to help us on our mission to bring access and awareness to the Indigenous perspective and the foods of our region. This person should be highly organized, have a passion for service, keen eye for quality, and able to grow and guide our future restaurant team.
What you will do
- Take a hands-on leadership approach with all team members to drive the vision and direction of the company through an Indigenous perspective.
- Be accountable for all functional areas within your restaurant including full P&L, FOH/BOH Operations, Sales and Recruiting
- Set and uphold standards for quality in all areas, particularly food and service
- Motivate, coach, train and support restaurant team members and be willing to learn a unique Indigenous focused team development model
- Oversee quality control, customer interaction, menu execution, internal systems and program implementation
- Focus on problem solving and process improvement by leveraging restaurant resources
- Work closely with Executive Chef and Catering & Events Manager to develop respective programs
Who we are looking for
- 2 years’ experience as General Manager in a high-volume restaurant
- Familiarity with multi-concept restaurant offering both quick service and table service, as well as catering and on-site events
- Experience in developing and implementing systems within a new restaurant concept
- Must have an interest or experience in working with Indigenous foods and expanding knowledge in this area
- This person will be able to adapt to a new kind of restaurant culture, one that is culturally respectful, while still striving for excellence
What we offer
- $60,000-65,000 annual starting salary based on your experience
- Paid time off
- Health benefits
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected].