Owamni is seeking an Executive Chef for its restaurant operations. The ideal candidate is organized, passionate, and committed to building healthy, balanced kitchen culture.
Owamni, founded by the award winning team behind The Sioux Chef, is a new concept focusing on Indigenous foods. Located within Water Works Park on the bank of the Mississippi River in downtown Minneapolis, Owamni will be the first year-round restaurant partner of the Minneapolis Parks Foundation.
What you will do
- Take a hands-on approach leading the BOH team in a high-volume, from-scratch kitchen
- Be accountable for day-to-day BOH responsibilities including purchasing products from approved vendors, inventory, managing BOH labor budget, and adhering to the core mission and values of Owamni and The Sioux Chef.
- Manage, develop and inspire BOH team members to constantly learn and share knowledge about indigenous foods and practices.
Who we are looking for
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as Executive Chef in a high-volume restaurant.
- Familiarity with multi-concept restaurants offering both quick service and table service, as well as catering and on-site events.
- Experience in developing and implementing new systems to improve safety, sanitation, and efficiency.
- Must have an interest in working with Indigenous foods, and the diverse collective of tribal affiliations, cultures, and expanding knowledge in these areas.
- Familiarity with basic Spanish is preferred, but not required.
What we offer
- $60,000–70,000 annual starting salary based on your experience
- Paid time off
- Health benefits
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected]